Friday, February 27, 2009

38 Things I Love about Rob


So my friend RyAnn did this for her husband last year. At that time, I didn't think I could come up with three things I loved about Rob! I was amazed that she did this and it has stayed with me ever since. I am late posting it, however, I did write the list prior to his 38th birthday this week. Here are my 38 things that I love about Rob. And no, I'm not being sarcastic!

I love...
1. that he loves me
2. that he loves Simon
3. that he loves Sutton
4. that one of the first things he wanted to do when we started dating was to show me pictures and tell me stories of his family and friends that lived out of state
5. that he loves his parents
6. that he loves his whole family - all of them!
7. that he loves his friends as if they were family
8. that some of his dearest friends are from elementary school
9. his eternal optimism
10. that he lets go of the bad things almost immediately
11. that each day is a new day for him
12. that he knows how to have fun - and has it!
13. that he joined our church
14. that we go to church as a family
15. his passion for the Steelers
16. his dedication to the Steelers
17. that he won't rub it in anyone's face that HIS team is the champion team! (well, maybe a little, but he's not obnoxious!)
18. his love of the Penguins (sorry you aren't going to the game, babe!)
19. his love of the Pirates despite their record
20. that he'll cheer for the Stars and the Rangers and the Mavericks but would NEVER cheer for the Cowboys
21. his French toast
22. his toasted sandwiches
23. that he loves to eat mac-n-cheese for lunch on Saturdays as if he were a kid - oh, wait, he is!
24. that he loves my carrot cake
25. that he can make a meal out of what seems like nothing in the kitchen - and it's the best meal I'll eat all month!
26. that he is an awesome cook when he does it!
27. that he's learned to make Mickey Mouse pancakes for the kids and does them willingly now!
28. that he loves Desperate Housewives as much as I do
29. that he understands what music therapy is
30. that he understands WHY I am a music therapist
31. that he gets the kids ready and takes them to school every day now.
32. his memory
33. that he is learning to listen when I talk
34. listening to him pray with the boys each night
35. dancing with him
36. that he will run with me
37. that family is so important to him
38. that he praises God!

No comments: